Our mission is to provide critical and timely financial assistance and services when no other resource is available to veterans, service members and their families, to ensure their dignity, health and overall well-being.
Our goal is that 90% of every dollar raised for Veterans Count is spent to provide services and grow resources for NH veterans, service members and their families.
In 2006, Veterans Count was developed in partnership with ESNH, the NH National Guard, and the NH Dept. of Health and Human Services. The program provides critical resources to veterans of all eras and their families. Care Coordinators work with individuals and families to create a care plan toward self sufficiency. Since ESNH launched the program, over 9,300 individuals have been served. Philanthropic dollars, totaling more than $2.6 million, have been distributed to provide financial support that may include food, home maintenance, housing, rent, fuel assistance, utilities, vehicle repair, gasoline, medical bills, and child care.
Significant Outcomes to Date (as of January 2017)
- 4,827 service members/veterans and their families (9,608 individuals) have been served
- SUICIDE PREVENTION: Care Coordinators intervened successfully in 111 suicide risk situations. Since program inception, no participants have committed suicide.
- PREVENTING HOMELESSNESS: The program prevented homelessness of 1,071 families at risk of foreclosure or eviction with assistance from the Veterans Count Fund. An additional 830 families received Care Coordination services that addressed housing stability.
- ACCESS TO MENTAL HEALTH CARE: 2,223 participants with previously unidentified mental health issues received mental health care.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: 12,714 referrals were made to community and military resources.
- EMPLOYMENT: In collaboration with ESGR, Employment Security, VA, and other employment service providers, Care Coordinators assisted 951 participants in securing permanent employment.
To learn more contact Joe Emmons at 603.621.3570 or email@example.com