Our mission is to provide critical and timely financial assistance and services when no other resource is available to veterans, service members and their families, to ensure their dignity, health and overall well-being.
We continue to ensure that 90% of every net dollar raised for Veterans Count is spent to provide services and grow resources for RI veterans, service members and their families.
In 2006, Veterans Count was developed in partnership with ESNH, the NH National Guard, and the NH Dept. of Health and Human Services. The program provides critical resources to veterans of all eras and their families. Care Coordinators work with individuals and families to create a care plan toward self sufficiency. Since ESNH launched the program, more than 10,000 individuals have been served. Philanthropic dollars, totaling more than $3.3 million, have been distributed to provide financial support that may include food, home maintenance, housing, rent, fuel assistance, utilities, vehicle repair, gasoline, medical bills, and child care.
Significant Outcomes to Date (as of December 2017)
- 5,301 service members/veterans and their families (10,632 individuals) have been served
- SUICIDE PREVENTION: Care Coordinators intervened successfully in 112 suicide risk situations. Since program inception, no participants have died by suicide.
- PREVENTING HOMELESSNESS: The program prevented homelessness of 1,280 families at risk of foreclosure or eviction with assistance from the Veterans Count Fund. An additional 974 families received Care Coordination services that addressed housing stability.
- ACCESS TO MENTAL HEALTH CARE: 2,317 participants with previously unidentified mental health issues received mental health care.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: 16,205 referrals were made to community and military resources.
- EMPLOYMENT: In collaboration with ESGR, Employment Security, VA, and other employment service providers, Care Coordinators assisted 1,118 participants in securing permanent employment.
To learn more contact Judy Fortier at 401-284-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org