Veterans Count is Easterseals New Hampshire’s military and veterans’ program. We offer comprehensive supports and resources around many of the issues facing returning service members, active duty soldiers, veterans, and their families.
We are seeking a Care Coordinator to join our Easterseals NH Veterans Count team! If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of Veterans, this is the role for you!
As a Care Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to work with and have a positive impact on veterans, service members and their families. You will develop rapport and engage in a holistic client-driven plan for stability, facilitate connection to long-term benefits and services that are deserved and earned. In this role, you will be providing guidance and assistance with the development of skills and access to resources that will help address aging concerns, housing insecurity, veteran benefits, financial sustainability, such as money management, applying for SSDI/SSI, job searching, substance misuse, obtaining health, mental health, and recovery services.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Ability to meet clients ‘where they are at’ and develop rapport despite presenting challenges
- Attention to detail and ability to navigate databases and systems to retrieve and enter critical data to ensure your veteran clients are enrolled in all deserved programs
- Quick response time and ability to prioritize on the fly
- Flexibility in the when and the how of service delivery
- Confidence working independently, using sound judgement on your need for consultation and guidance
- Effectively determine the needs of your veteran clients and balance home-based and community-based service delivery
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to collaborating with other providers to ensure prompt, non-duplicative and productive service delivery
- Ability to effectively handle crisis situations, providing support and resources as needed